Robbie and Mandy y’all - what a TRIP - literally and figuratively! Robbie is a fellow photographer that I’ve known for a few years and he also just happens to be the guitarist in one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE bands! Safe to say when he asked me to photograph his elopement I was freaking out internally and playing it real cool on the outside! Don’t worry though, when he told me the singer from their band was officiating the ceremony, I did not continue to play it cool haha!
After a few months of planning - yes you read that correctly, they planned their epic and insanely special elopement in just a few short months - we met at SeaTac Airport, entirely too early in the morning for my liking haha, and set out for sunny warm Arizona! Robbie made the most detailed and hilarious elopement schedule and “Jeep Seating Chart” that I’m adding below this for y’all to check out. Seriously, this document had us all dying laughing but also kept us on schedule extremely well. We traveled from Seattle, to Tempe, to Sedona, and finally to Vegas. We had the absolute BEST time.
Two paragraphs in and I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of this trip. There’s so many things I want to tell y’all about this amazing elopement that I think this blog could easily turn into a short novel. So let’s just do a quick lightning round list and leave it at that. :)
- I had my very first In-N-Out burger on this trip. It did not disappoint but my loyalty lies with Five Guys for sure.
- We spent about 7 hours on highways, 3 hours on a rough 4WD road, and a solid 30 minutes on a sidewalk electric scooter before it died.
- You can’t tell from the photos but it was WINDY as all get out at the ceremony location. Absolutely the windiest ceremony I’ve ever experience. We worked with it like champs though!
- We had the BEST Italian food for dinner at a swanky restaurant in Sedona after the ceremony. A lot of wine was consumed by the couple and the guests - I became the designated driver real quick since I don’t love wine haha!
- The entire way from Sedona to Vegas we jammed out to 90s music and it was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip.
Thank you Robbie and Mandy for inviting me into such a sacred and intimate space and for treating me like a trusted friend instead of a hired vendor. Your elopement is a day I won’t soon forget.
As promised, here is Robbie's amazing and hilarious itinerary. Future eloping couples, take notes!